Thursday, September 8, 2011

Easy Six Minute Chocolate Cake


I made this cake for Kaley's going-away BBQ a few nights ago. It is so quick and easy, almost like a cake mix! My sister gave me the recipe for it, she used to make it all the time. If I am ever going to an event with any of my vegan friends I bring this since there is no dairy in it.

Ingredients

1 1/2 cups sifted white flour
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup cocoa
1/4 chopped roasted nuts (optional)
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp cup safflower oil
1 cup lukewarm water
1 tbsp vinegar

Mix dry ingredients together then add the oil, water and vinegar. Stir just enough to combine wet and dry ingredients. Don't stir too much.

Pour into a greased 8 inch square or round baking pan.

Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Enjoy!:)

1 comment: