Monday, August 8, 2011

Cheesecake with Sour Cream and Honey Topping

Looks much nicer when the sides of the pan are taken off. The topping is nice because it hides the cracks cheesecakes often have.

This is my mum's recipe and the topping is a nice addition. I half the recipe if I am only making it for a few people.

* Makes 2 round 8" pans. Or one cake in a 10" springform pan.
Ingredients:

2 lbs cream cheese
1/2 lb butter
1 cup white sugar
4 eggs
vanilla
Graham crumbs

Fruit topping (optional)

Any berries cooked down with a bit of sugar and water. Instead of cornstarch as a thickener I just let the berries simmer for a while to get rid of some of the liquid. I used blueberries because they are in season and especially delicious right now! 

Topping:
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup honey or sugar

Mix 1/4 lb melter butter into graham crumbs, press in base (I just follow the graham crumb box directions for butter to graham crumb proportions).

Cream remaining butter, sugar, cream cheese, eggs, vanilla. Pour over 'crumbs'. Cook at 300 degrees for 50 minutes. Then add topping and bake for 10-15 minutes.

Chill and serve with fruit topping.

No comments:

Post a Comment